Pretty Pies Bursting with Fresh Fruit
Is there anything as comforting as pie?
© Korena in the Kitchen
Cinnamon Apricot Pie with Creme Anglaise
Pie à la mode may be a classic, but have you tried a warm slice of pie with creme anglaise? This recipe pairs an aromatic cinnamon apricot pie with vanilla cream, striking the perfect balance between the slight tartness of the fruit and the sweetness of the creme anglaise. Here's the recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!