Sumptuous Homemade Snacking Cakes for Lazy Afternoons
For everyone who gets hungry for cake.
© My Name is Yeh
Chocolate Sheet Cake with Pistachio Butter Frosting
This decadent snacking cake is just what your afternoon of indulgence has been missing! In this recipe, rich chocolate cake is covered with a silky pistachio buttercream that you'll want to eat straight from the bowl. Here's the recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!