The Best Old-School Pizzerias in the Country
It's pizza time!
Tommaso's - San Francisco, CA
New York may be the best place to get pizza, but that doesn't mean that a good slice can't be had on the West Coast. Tommaso's has been a fixture of North Beach for close to 90 years, and serves up brick oven pizza to hungry customers six days of the week. Stop in for a hot pizza or sample their other Italian offerings.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!