24 Cozy Pies & Cobblers Perfect for Fall
Hello, glorious pie season!
© Mon Petit Four
Banana Tarte Tatin with Chopped Nuts
Tarte tatins are most often made with apples, but one taste of this upside down pie will make you a true believer. Caramelized bananas give this dessert a particularly moreish flavor, and walnuts add a beautiful texture to the buttery tart. Here's the recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!