9 Secrets to Better Stir Fries
Take your favorite wok dishes to another level with these easy tips and tricks!
© Getty Images
The Ultimate Stir Fry
Stir fries are one of the best meals to make at home because they're fast, satisfying and highly adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. They can also be made with or without meat and tossed in myriad sauce combinations. However, good stir fry technique goes beyond simply throwing everything in a hot pan with a generic sauce. If you really want your food to taste like it came from an authentic Chinese or Asian-style restaurant, these are the secrets you need to know.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.