5 Golden Rules for Perfect Mac and Cheese
When it comes to comfort foods few are more comforting than good old mac n' cheese. Here's how to do it right!
© Getty Images
Use the Right Pasta
For great mac n' cheese, never underestimate the importance of great macaroni—it is the first half of the name after all. We suggest using a quality brand of macaroni-style pasta. Of course, we're not complete purists, and we do like to substitute with the occasional rotini or cavatappi. But we will say this, for great mac n' cheese you need a pasta with gaps, holes and/or spaces for the super cheesy sauce to settle into.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!