4th of July Grilling Alternatives to Brats and Burgers
You can make hamburgers and brats anyday. Change things up with these 7 easy gourmet grilling ideas!
© Getty Images
Shellfish and crustaceans actually cook up really well on the grill. You just need to put them in a BBQ-safe dish. Try grilled mussels for a super easy yet fancy addition to your barbecue spread. Simply wash the mussels and remove the "beards". Place in your dish and let cook on the grill. As soon as the mussels open, they're ready to serve.
Also, don't forget to try marinated shrimp skewers. To flip them easily, use wooden skewers so you don't burn your fingers.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture