Cooking Shortcuts to Get You in & Out of the Kitchen
Here are 15 tips and tricks to get in and out of the kitchen in no time!
© Getty Images
1) Thaw Meat Faster in the Microwave
Forget to thaw your meat in the fridge for dinner? No worries. Use your microwave's defrost setting to safely and quickly thaw meat straight from the freezer. Some models let you input the total weight so it can calculate a more precise defrost time. If not, start in small increments of 3-4 minutes, keeping an eye on the meat to make sure it doesn't start cooking on the outside. Again, this method is best for cooking smaller portions of meat, and be sure to cook it right away once thawed.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.