Smart Cooking Shortcuts to Get You in and Out of the Kitchen
Here are 15 tips and tricks to get in and out of the kitchen in no time!
© Getty Images
1) Use an Electric Kettle to Make Water Boil Faster
Waiting for water to boil is annoying, especially when you just need to cook pasta for a quick and easy dinner. Our recommendation? Invest in a high-quality electric kettle. Electric kettles are designed to make water boil in a matter of minutes (2 -3, versus 10-15 on the stovetop). Then you can just pour the boiling water into a pot, turn the heat up, and it's ready to go! This is especially convenient when you don't have to boil large quantities of water.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.