40 Droolworthy Hot Sandwiches You Have to Try
The humble sandwich finally takes its place in the sun thanks to these hot sammies.
© Lady and Pups
Creme Brulee Monte Cristo Sandwich
This inspired take on a Monte Cristo sandwich will make your jaw drop open—to take another bite as quickly as possible! While traditional Monte Cristos are pan-toasted like grilled cheese, this one gets a wash of egg, butter, and sugar before going under the broiler. The result is a creme brulee-like crust and an incredibly delicious sandwich. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.