These Old-School Diner Foods will Take You Back
Diner food is an iconic restaurant cuisine in American culture. Do you still remember the taste of chocolate milkshakes and corned beef hash? These old school recipes will take you back!
© Coco Morante
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
Salisbury steak is pure diner comfort food, made of ground beef patties that get smothered in a rich mushroom gravy. It also happens to be a very budget-friendly dish, so you should try it at home with this easy recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture