75 Cheap & Easy Ways to Cook with Beans
Beans are a great alternative to animal protein, and the varieties are endless. Here are 75 delicious ways to cook with the fiber-filled legumes.
© Plays Well With Butter
Black Bean Quinoa Tacos
Beans make a wonderful vegetarian taco filling, and in this protein-packed recipe, they're combined with quinoa and drizzled with a delicious cilantro lime cashew crema for the ultimate satisfying meal.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!