The One Ingredient Your Popcorn Is Missing
Nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast, which is commonly used as a food product and is sold in flakes, or powder-like grains. Unlike the yeast you use for baking or brewing beer, it doesn’t foam or froth, nor cause products to ferment or rise. Nutritional yeast has been available in health food stores for years because the fortified kind (the most commonly found) is high in Vitamin B12, it’s vegan, and is high in protein. It’s also low in sodium, and contains zero fat, sugar or gluten. But what has all this got to do with popcorn?
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.