5 Golden Rules for Perfect Mac and Cheese
© Getty Images
Cook the Pasta to Al Dente
Do not overcook the pasta. This is a general rule that we cannot stress enough. If you're planning to bake your mac and cheese, it's even more important that you don't let it cook beyond al dente. If it's already soft from overboiling, and then you continue to bake it in the sauce, you could end up with mush n' cheese when you're trying to make mac n' cheese. All great pasta dishes have an ever so slight-chew to them, so please pay attention while the noodles are boiling.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!