12 Grilling Mistakes You're Probably Making
Cooking on a Dirty Grill
Before we even start talking about meat, you need to make sure your grill is in tip-top condition. One of the easiest ways to mess up a barbecue is to cook with a dirty grill. Congealed fat, ash and dust quickly build up on a dirty grill, and none of them sound very good to eat, do they? The best way to maintain a clean grill is to clean it when you are finished cooking, and it has cooled down a little. Oils will come away much easier at this point. Some things that are great for scrubbing grills are brushes, newspapers and even half of a raw onion on the end of a long meat fork (when the grill is still hot).
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture