Nem nuong: Vietnamese Pork Meatballs with Mint
By Létitia du blog Piment Oiseau
Nem nuong: Vietnamese Pork Meatballs with Mint. Discover our recipe.
- 1 pound pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (preferably nuoc mam)
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat a skillet over high heat and pour in the rice. Roast until golden brown.
Transfer the rice in a mortar and grind with the pestle, until a powder.
Cut pork shoulder into chunks and chop it finely in a food processor. Put meat in a bowl.
Season the pork with nuoc mam, soy sauce and sugar. Add the roasted rice powder, crushed garlic, chopped onions, chopped mint and cornstarch and water. Mix thoroughly.
Shape into small balls the size of a walnut. Place them in a dish and cover with plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator 1 hour.
Put the meatballs on skewers. Heat oil in large frying pan and brown the nem nuongs on all sides, for about 10 minutes.
Serve the meatballs hot.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.3/5 (175 Votes)
- Mint cake 2.6/5 (195 Votes)
- Jalapeno, Mint Jelly for Lamb 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Pea Gazpacho with Mint 3.9/5 (49 Votes)
- Spring rolls with fresh salmon and... 3.7/5 (45 Votes)
- Chicken Ham Bone Soup 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.