Rice Crispy Treats
I always loved these as a kid.
- 1 bag vegan marshmallows
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 4 cups rice crispies
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Melted margarine, marshmallows, and extracts, 2 minutes in microwave stirring every 10 seconds. Stir in cereal. Spread onto greased wax paper.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1433 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1115 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (926 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and rice... 4.6/5 (203 Votes)
- Microwave Baked Apples in a Bag 3.6/5 (214 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- CINNNAMON ROLLS 4/5 (102 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (155 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!