Shredded Carrots with Dried Fruit
By Chef Damien
- About 1 lb of carrots
- Fresh herbs
- 4 tablespoons of a mixture of dried fruits and seeds: raisins, poppy, sesame, sunflower seeds, ...
- Sauce: 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one orange
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Cut the ends and peel the carrots.
- Wash the carrots with cold water
- then grate
- Add the dried fruit mix in your carrots.
- Make the sauce by mixing all ingredients.
- Add the sauce with carrots and mix well.
Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Garlic Olive Oil Pasta 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Red Fruit Crumble 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Oriental Chicken Salad with... 4.6/5 (6 Votes)
- Healthy Yogurt Potato Salad 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Tomatoes stuffed with grilled... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Coleslaw 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Chipotle Chicken and Asparagus 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!