Cherry Tomato Salsa
A very delicious tomato salsa for those who love the straight out of the garden flavor.
- 3lbs. Various Cherry
- Yellow and Pear Tomatoes
- 3 mild Green or 6 Banana Peppers
- 5 whole Green Onions
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 2 Cloves minced Garlic
- 2 Tbl Garlic Salt
- 3 Tbl Lemon Juice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Dice or mince all ingredients as directed. Stir over low heat for 30 minutes. Chill in pint size containers for an hour for fresh serving. Freeze in pint size freezer containers to enjoy throughout the winter season after your garden is no longer producing. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (206 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (177 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (236 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.2/5 (253 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (235 Votes)
- Green apple and prosciutto salsa... 4.4/5 (95 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables 3.1/5 (202 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.