Copycat King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, plus an additional 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pineapple juice, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes yeast
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the pineapple juice, sugar, ginger, vanilla, and melted butter.
Measure 3 cups of the flour into a large bowl. Stir in your egg mixture until well-combined. Sprinkle in the yeast packets, one at a time, mixing well.
Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and mix well. If it becomes too difficult to stir with a wooden spoon, just use your hands! Make sure all of the flour is well incorporated—the dough should be tacky to the touch but not overly sticky. If it appears too wet, sprinkle in a bit of extra flour, just a tablespoon or so at a time. Cover your bowl with a clean kitchen towel and set it in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
Remove your dough from the bowl and knead in an additional ½ cup of flour. I kneaded mine 10 to 15 times, making sure the flour was well incorporated.
Divide the dough into three equal parts. You may either bake 3 loaves of bread, form the dough into rolls, or a combination of the two. I baked one loaf of bread, forming the remaining dough into 15 rolls and baking in a 9x13 pan. Cover and place in warm place to rise for an additional hour, or until the dough doubles in size.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter, and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Awesome Fry Bread 3.4/5 (258 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower 3.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Parm-a-Meatloaf 3.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Harissah - Middle Eastern Coconut... 3.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheddar ginger biscuits 3.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken On A Bun 3.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Hawaiian Chicken 3.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Green Apple Ginger Polenta 3/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.