Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 package Duncan Hines plain butter recipe golden cake mix
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- juice of one large lemon plus enough water to bring to level to 1/2 cup
- zest from one large lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 medium strawberries, halved
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk, if needed
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the topping first. Cut 6 strawberries lengthwise, cut 1-2 slices from the middle of each strawberry. Chop the remaining ends and bits into small chunks.
Spread the chopped strawberries out on a plate and sprinkle with some of the sifted powdered sugar. Use a spoon to lift and turn the fruit, coating them in the sugar. Allow to sit and macerate.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place a rack in the center of the oven.
Lightly mist loaf pan and six of the muffin tin cups with cooking spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set pans aside.
Place all cake ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low speed for 1 minute to combine. Scrape down sides of the mixer bowl, then beat on medium-high speed 3 minutes more.
Fill 6 muffin tin cups 3/4 full with batter and pour the remaining batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Set muffin tin aside.
Place the loaf pan onto a cookie sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes until it is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake, invert it onto a rack, then invert it onto a serving platter so that it is right side up. Slice, top with macerated strawberry topping and serve.
Slice the remaining strawberries so as to create round pieces to place on top of the mini cakes. While loaf cake is cooling, place a round strawberry slice on top of each mini cake.
Place muffin tin in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Nutella Brownie Cupcakes 4.1/5 (38 Votes)
- Strawberry and Mascarpone Tart 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM PUFFS 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Bisquick Pie Crust 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- 6 Ingredient Banana Bread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Banana Bread 4/5 (90 Votes)
- Ham Roll-Ups 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Loaf 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!