- •675-g loaf sliced whole-wheat bread
- •3 celery stalks
- •1 large onion
- •4 garlic cloves
- •1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- •1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped parsley
- •1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh sage or 1 tbsp (15 mL) crumbled dried sage leaves
- •2 tsp (10 mL) dried thyme leaves
- •11/2 tsp (7 mL) poultry seasoning
- •1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- •1 to 11/2 cups (250 to 375 mL) chicken broth or bouillon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1.For a good stuffing, bread should be dry. Spread slices out on a baking sheet and leave on the counter overnight or toast in the oven at 350F (180C) for 5 to 10 min. Meanwhile, chop celery and onion. Mince garlic. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add vegetables and garlic. Stir often until tender, 7 min.
2.Meanwhile, tear or cut bread, including crusts, into large cubes. You should have about 12 cups (3 L). Place in a very large bowl. Sprinkle with herbs and seasonings. Stir to evenly distribute. Then stir in celery-onion mixture and just enough broth to moisten bread. Turn into a baking dish that will hold 8 cups (2 L). Loosely cover with foil. Bake for 15 min. Then remove foil and continue to bake until crusty on top, from 20 to 30 min.
You'll also love
- Savory Hamantaschen 3.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Mama's Cranberry Delight 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Oven baked ground beef 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cherry Nut Squares 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Classic Mashed Potatoes 2.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Holiday Flavored Vodka 2.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Breakfast Bake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!