Vietnamese Salad Rolls
Healthy mixture of vegetables comes together in these richly flavorful appetizers. You can put a protein such as shrimp to bulk it up for meal-sized rolls.
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 6-8 inches diameter
- 1/2 daikon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 belgian endive
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 package rice noodles
- 1/2 nub of ginger
- 1/4c sesame oil
- 1 large carrot
- miso paste/powder
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
boil a medium pot of water with miso paste
Chop all vegetables into julienne strips and cook the daikon in the miso. Remove the daikon and let cool
Place rice noodles (vermicelli) in the miso pot, close and turn off heat.
separately, get a round dish and put hot water from the kettle inside.
Take a rice paper sheet and soak until you can play with it, very carefully.
Put a tsp of sesame oil with grated ginger in the middle of the wrap, layer all vegetables and cooked rice noodles, finishing with cilantro leaves and then sesame seeds.
Wrap tightly and repeat
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (176 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.2/5 (245 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Domplines 4.3/5 (154 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Granny's Potato Salad 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- Nem nuong: Vietnamese Pork... 4.1/5 (104 Votes)
- Dad's Potato Salad 3.9/5 (97 Votes)
- Crispy spring rolls 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!