Lion's Mane Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
The lion's mane is a fall mushroom that tastes like lobster. It is easy to find, due to it shape and the icicle like teeth dangling from it. Commonly found on dead or decaying hardwoods, especially oak. The lion's mane is revered in ancient Chinese culture for its medicinal properties: it reduces the risk of cancer and promotes neurological function, among other things and being so tasty.
- 1 lions mane mushroom
- half a stick of butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- half cup Parmesan cheese
- three quarters cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Soak the lion's mane in salted water for an hour, rinse it off and cut it into thin strips.
Cook lion's mane strips in butter on low heat for a long time. Add to any sauce.
For the alfredo, melt butter in a pan with the oil. Add cream, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 or 2 bay leaves. Simmer, stirring often.
Add Parmesan, simmer for 10 minutes, until smooth and thick. Then add mozzarella and keep stirring until smooth. Serve with lion's mane over pasta.
You'll also love
- Vegetarian Bacon Cheddar Waffles 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Onions, Mushrooms and Peas...oh my 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini pasta 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Tofu steaks with butter soy sauce 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Melanie's Grand Supreme Dressing 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Spagetti Sauce 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pasta and Cream Cheese 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Penne with Vodka Sauce 3/5 (106 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!