Onions, Mushrooms and Peas...oh my
My mother in law introduced me to this recipe...served a s a side for Turkey at Thanksgiving.
- 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion sliced very thin and cut in quarters
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 can of peas or about 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
In a fryin pan over medium heat, saute onions and mushrooms in butter and olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If using frozen peas, thaw first.
Just about 1 minute before serving, place peas in the hot onion/mushroom mixture and stir gently. Cover with a lid and remove from heat.
It is important to add teh peas at the very end otherwise they will become mushy and will break.
You'll also love
- Deviled eggs 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Peruvian Ceviche 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Classic Sugar Cookies 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Roasted Okra 3/5 (126 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- CHEESY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef with Vegetables 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Steamed Zucchini, Squash, and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!