Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree
By Proud Mama
Appropriate for babies six to nine months
This puree is packed with essential minerals, fatty acids and vitamins to help make your baby grow up strong
This recipe is a great way to add heart healthy oats to classic applesauce. A great breakfast option for baby!
- 3 apples
- 1 tablespoon of oats
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of formula (can also be substituted for breast milk)
- 2 tablespoons of water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Peel, core and thinly slice the apples
Place the apples and water into a saucepan
Let it come to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and cook until the texture is soft (approximately ten to fifteen minutes)
Stir in the cinnamon
Remove apples from stove and place in blender/mixer/food processor
Puree until smooth texture is achieved
Cool the mixture in the refrigerator until ready to serve
Before serving, warm one portion (about two tablespoons) of the apple mixture and add in the oats and breast milk/formula
Test for temperature and taste before serving
Agave or honey can be used to sweeten , if desired
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Avocado, Broccoli, Edamame 4.9/5 (63 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Crumb Top... 2.7/5 (218 Votes)
- Vegetable Puree 3.1/5 (205 Votes)
- Orange Chicken 3.8/5 (117 Votes)
- PREACHER COOKIES 3/5 (170 Votes)
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.