Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree
By Proud Mama
This puree is packed with essential minerals, fatty acids and vitamins to help get your baby the nourishment he or she needs. (Appropriate for babies six to nine months!)
- 3 apples
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp baby formula (can also be substituted for breast milk)
- 2 tbsp water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
Place the apples and water into a saucepan.
Let it come to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and cook until the texture is soft (approximately ten to fifteen minutes).
Stir in the cinnamon.
Remove apples from stove and place in blender/mixer/food processor. (Let cool slightly first if it's too hot).
Puree until smooth texture is achieved.
Cool the mixture in the refrigerator until ready to serve
Before serving, warm one portion (about two tablespoons) of the apple mixture and add in the oats and breast milk/formula.
Test for temperature and taste before serving.
Agave or honey can be used to sweeten , if desired.
You'll also love
- Grammy Morrill's Chex Mix 4.6/5 (65 Votes)
- PREACHER COOKIES 3/5 (184 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart 4.1/5 (90 Votes)
- chicken tenders 4.8/5 (66 Votes)
- Simple Green Smoothie (Green... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Caramel Apple 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Watermelon Biscotti 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.