A delicious Spanish summer dish!
- 2 pounds of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp of sherry vinegar
- 1/8 cup of serrano ham
- 1 hard boiled egg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash the tomatoes, then mash them with some garlic until there are no chunks or large pieces of skin. Pour it all into a strainer to get rid of excess liquid.
To the strained tomatoes, add bread crumbs, oil, and salt and vinegar to taste. Let everything marinate 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender for 8 minutes on low. Leave it to cool in the fridge and serve cold with the chopped ham and egg.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!