Spicy Tuna and Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 1 red onion
- 1 can of tuna (in water)
- 1 pinch chilli powder (adjust according to taste)
- 6 pinches of paprika
- 4 pinches of curry
- 6 pinches of cumin
- 2 tablespoons Xeres vinegar
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the lentils in boiling water for 20 minutes (or according to instructions on the package). When cooked, strain and let cool.
Finely chop the red onion
Strain the tuna and then flake it with a fork into small pieces.
In a large bowl, prepare the salad dressing by mixing the oil, vinegar and spices.
Add the lentils to the bowl, along with the parsley, the onion and the tuna. Mix well. Put in the fridge to cool for 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.1/5 (247 Votes)
- Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced... 4.3/5 (111 Votes)
- tuna with veggies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Meat Pie Mixture 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon-wrapped Green Beans 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Heavenly Meatballs 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Salmon Stuffing Rolls 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.