Quinoa with Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 10 fluid ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 mango
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberry coulis
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Wash the quinoa in cold water. Place in a pot with the coconut milk and sugar.
Bring to a boil and then cover; let cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
Let cool and then divide into individual molds lined with wax paper. (You can also use a muffin tin).
Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
When they are ready to be served, take them out of the molds. Thinly slice the mango and decorate each dessert with the mango, and then drizzle with the raspberry coulis.
You'll also love
- Quinoa Potato Cakes 2.8/5 (172 Votes)
- Mexican Beef Quinoa 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Mom Merrill's Rhubarb Crisp 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Sweet Catalan 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Jam 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Guacamole 2.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Karadai (vella adai and uppu... 2.6/5 (25 Votes)
- sugar balls 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.