Almond and Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- a handful of white raisins / sultanas
- 2/3 cup almond powder
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- a pinch of salt
- 1 small plain yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- powdered sugar to decorate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Beat the eggs with the brown and white sugar, and then add the maple syrup.
Add the almond powder, oil and raisins.
Add the yogurt and the pumpkin, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
Slowly fold in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and the pinch of salt.
Preheat oven to 395F. Butter the muffin tray and then pour the batter into the molds.
Reduce the temperature to 350F, then put the muffins in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
Once cooked, let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Honey Corn Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Debbie's Doughnut bits 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Kid Friendly Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Squashed Smoothie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Indian Rice Pudding 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Mexican Pumpkin Pasole 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Frappucino 4/5 (35 Votes)
- Fast and Easy Snacking Cake 2.4/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!