Cod Fish with Grapefruit
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 fillets of cod fish
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 shallot or small onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- a small can of corn
- For the dressing: olive oil, vinegar and a dash of white wine, mixed together
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Place the fish in a microwave-safe plate. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Cut the bell peppers into small pieces. Peel and cut the grapefruit and the shallot.
In a hot pan, roast the pine nuts until the become golden-brown.
In a large bowl, mix the rice, shallot, corn, peppers, grapefruit and pine nuts.
Flake the fish with a fork until you have small pieces. Add to the bowl, and top with the dressing. Mix well, serve.
You'll also love
- Green salad with salmon and avocado 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Monkfish with grapefruit 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Grapefruit and Oranges Marmalade 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Shoarma 2.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Fruit kabobs 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Beef n Cheddar Enchiladas 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Best Creamed Salmon 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Banana Oatmeal Walnut Cookies 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.