- 2 1/2 cups risotto rice (Arborio rice)
- 1 pound calamari
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds canned, chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups water or fish stock
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Wash the calamari well, and slice it into 1 inch thick circles.
In a pan, heat the butter and the oil and cook the garlic through. Add the calamari, salt and pepper. Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the calamari is almost cooked through.
Add the tomatoes to the pan, and cook for 10 more minutes.
Add the rice to the pan, and cook until it becomes transparent. Then cover with the fish stock or water.
Cook for another 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. You can keep stirring while it's cooking to make sure that it cooks evenly. Garnish with fresh parsley.
You'll also love
- Creamy Broccoli, Cheese and Turkey... 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Gluten Free Shrimp 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Oysters - some like it hot 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Salmon steaks with apricots 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken, Potato & Rice 4/5 (9 Votes)
- BAKED RICE CUSTARD 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Mushroom Risotto 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Risotto with pumpkin and parmesan... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.