30 heavenly ways to cook with strawberries
Make the most of strawberry season with these creative, extraordinary recipes that use strawberries in a whole new way!
© The Recipe Critic
Strawberry chicken salad with strawberry balsamic dressing
The combination of strawberries and balsamic vinegar is just pure heaven! If you've never had it before, then this recipe for strawberry chicken salad with strawberry balsamic vinegar is a great introduction to this delicious pairing. Make extra dressing and keep it in your fridge to throw on top of your favorite salads.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!