Chicken cutlets in a delicious brown mushroom and wine gravy.
- 3-4 lbs thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (seasoned or plain
- your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stick butter
- 2-3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 jars brown gravy
- 2 jars water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Beat eggs in large bowl, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and milk. Dip cutlets in mixture, then in breadcrumbs. Fry in skillet of hot oil and drain on paper towels.
In large pot, melt butter. Add sliced mushrooms and sautee until lightly browned.
Add cutlets, gravy, and water. Simmer to a light boil.
Add Marsala wine, lower heat and cook 45min to an hour.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (404 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.4/5 (113 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Chili 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Snail Soup 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken Enchiladas 4/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Here's how to make a quick and healthy sandwich wrap!