Chicken cutlets in a delicious brown mushroom and wine gravy.
- 3-4 lbs thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (seasoned or plain
- your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stick butter
- 2-3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 jars brown gravy
- 2 jars water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Beat eggs in large bowl, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and milk. Dip cutlets in mixture, then in breadcrumbs. Fry in skillet of hot oil and drain on paper towels.
In large pot, melt butter. Add sliced mushrooms and sautee until lightly browned.
Add cutlets, gravy, and water. Simmer to a light boil.
Add Marsala wine, lower heat and cook 45min to an hour.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!