- 1 c whole milk ricotta
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 c finely chopped mint
- 2/3 c Parmigiano-Reggiano (divide into 1/3 c).
- 2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1 TBS Bourbon Smoked Pepper + 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 20 squash blossoms
- 1/2 c + 1 TBS all purpose flour
- 3/4 c chilled club soda
- vegetable oil for frying
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Carefully wash the squash and remove the inside. Stir together ricotta, mint, yolk, 1/3 c Parmigiano-Reggiano, Bourbon Smoked Salt, Bourbon Smoked Pepper, and Bourbon Smoked Paprika. Carefully open and fill each squash blossom. Gently twist the end of the blossom. Whisk together the flour, 1/3c parmesan, 1/4 tsp Bourbon Smoked Salt, and club soda. Heat about 1/2 inch of oil to 375. Carefully dip each blossom in the batter and fry for about two minutes. Fry about three at a time. Allow the bean sprouts to drain on a paper towel before serving. Season with more Bourbon Smoked Salt and Pepper if needed.