Middle Eastern Style Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad
Refreshing summer salad!
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 or 2 lemons or limes
- Salt to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop the cucumber tomato and onion into bite size pieces
Place into salad bowl
Add chopped parsley if desired
Juice the lime and pour the juice over the salad
Add salt to taste
Adjust the amounts of veggies lime and salt to your liking
Let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
You'll also love
- Korean Pancakes 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- CALIFORNIA ROLLS 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Homemade Cold Packed Pickles 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Afghani Chicken 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Tiramisu 3.9/5 (80 Votes)
- Easy Original Cheeseball Recipe 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Rice Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Tofu Yassa 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.