- 1 (16oz) bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon very finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, seperated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Thaw spinach in a colander, squeeze to get moisture out
Preheat oven to 350, Butter a 1-quart souffle or casserole dish
Heat butter in saucepan over medium low heat. When butter has melted add flour and mix until bubbling. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Gradually add 1 cup of milk and mix until thick and bowling. Stir in finely chopped onion
In a metal or glass bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until hard. In a separate bowl, beat yolks until frothy and lemon colored
Stir egg yolks into the sauce mixture; stir in the spinach
Stir about 1/4 of the beaten egg whites into the spinach mixture, then gently fold in the egg white mixture
Pour into the prepared souffle dish; set dish in a large pan then add water to a depth of about 1 inch.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. The top will be lightly browned. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- CALIFORNIA ROLLS 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli in Crescent... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Grinch Kabobs 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Jiffy Corn Pudding 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Steak- Peri Peri 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Blueberry Cake 4/5 (55 Votes)
- Citrus Crush 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!