Strawberry Rhubarb Soup
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries
- 5 stalks of rhubarb
- a few verbena leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut the ends off of the rhubarb and peel the stalks.
Slice the rhubarb diagonally into thick, 3 inch pieces.
Place the rhubarb in a bowl, sprinkle generously with salt, and place the in the refrigerator for 1 hour, and then drain the water that accumulated in the bowl, and rinse the rhubarb.
Add 1 cup water to a hot pan, and 3 tablespoons of sugar along with the verbena leaves.
Add the rhubarb and sprinkle with a little more sugar. Let cook until the rhubarb is soft.
Add the strawberries (cut in half) to the rhubarb, and turn off the heat. Stir once, and let them poach in the warm pan for 5 minutes, with the heat off.
Transfer to a bowl, and serve warm. If you like, you can also pass the soup through a blender to have a smoother consistency.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Rhubarb and Red Apple Puree 3.6/5 (106 Votes)
- No Fail Pecan Pie 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Balls 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Crab Bisque 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Lavender Peach Jam 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Hearty Potato & Cheese Soup 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Baba Salad 3/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.