Tandoori chicken salad with mint garlic buttermilk dressing
By Tisa Jacob
A party of flavor in this canvas of garden contrasted with tandoori spiced chicken and a velvety mint buttermilk dressing.
- For the salad~
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground garlic
- 1 serrano pepper, minced finely
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper or Indian red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber sliced thin
- 2-3 avocado diced
- juice of half lemon
- salt, as required
- For the dressing~
- 2-3 sprigs mint
- ½ tsp ground garlic
- juice of half lemon
- 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise(optional)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds(optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
For the salad~
Combine yogurt ginger, garlic, serrano, cayanne, garam masala, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Add chicken and coat with the above ingredients.
Cover and chill. Keep for 30 minutes upto one hour.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Take chicken out of refrigerator. Bake for 20 minutes.
Turn chicken over and bake for another 20-25 minutes until juices run clear.
Keep chicken aside.
In a large bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, cucumber.
When chicken is cooled, slice and place over or toss with vegetables.
Stir together avocado and lemon juice. Sprinkle salt if required. Add to salad.
For the dressing~
Throw in the all ingredients from mint to pepper, leaving out sesame seeds, into a food processor or blender and blend till combined. Add upto 1/4 water to create the desired consistency for dressing.
Mix in sesame seeds.
Add to salad when serving.
Grind ginger and garlic in an electric mixer/ mini food processor or even with a mortar and pestle. You can also sub in powdered to timesave.
Adjust any or all spice to your liking for the chicken marinade. We inherently like to breathe heat, so have twice the amount of some of those beautifully colored powders:-)
You'll also love
- Chicken biryani south Indian style 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken Bihari Rolls 3.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Light Spice Chicken Enchiladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken- Sixty Five 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Layered Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic cheese & Herb Biscuits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southwest Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!