- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cups ice cold
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 2tablespoon olive oil
- 5 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour
- plus more for dusting
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
in small bowl, using a fork, stir the yest into the warm water.about 5 minutes
in anither small bow, combine the cold water, sugar,salt, and olive oil, stir ti dissolve the sugar and salt.
to make the dough ny hand place 5 1/2 cup of the four in a large bowl, make a weel in the center of the four and stir in the yeast mixteure along with the cold water mixture. using a wooden spoon, mix the dough, incorporating as much of the four as possible, turn the dough outon a lightly foured work surface and knead until soft and elastic, 10 to 12 minutes. it will still be a little sticky but shouldn't stick to your hand.
to prepare the dough for rising, cut the dough into third to form three even portions, each weighing 15 ounces . with foured hsnds pick uo one portion pf dough and pull the opposite edged together, wrapping them underneath toward the center to form a tight , smooth ball.
let to double in size, proceed with any topping style
preheat oven 400 f and bake.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (393 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Savories- Calzones 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Cauliflower Gratin with Bolognese... 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Pizza Dough 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
How to make fast-food style mayonnaise in a pinch!