- 2 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 2tbsp water
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 medium eggs
- 1tbs melted butter
- to brush bowl
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- plus extra to brush molds
- egg glaze
- made with 1 egg yolk and 1tbsp water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
sprinkle the yeast into the water in a bowl let for 5 minutes.
mix four, sugar, salt in a large bowl. make a well in the center and add the dissolved yeast and beaten eggs. mix in the flour to form a soft, moist but manageable dough.
turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface.
knead until elastic, about 10 minutes.grease a large bowl with the melted butter, place the dough in the bowl, cover with dish towel and let rise until doubled in size. about 1-1 1/2 hours.
turn out onto lightly floured work surface.n divide the dough into ten pieces. pinch off about a quarter of each pieces of dough into smooth balls. and do what di you like for shapes. brush the top of the dough with egg glaze, place the molds on a baking sheet. bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until glossy and golden, turn out and cool on a wire rack
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 4/5 (176 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (165 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 3/5 (276 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.3/5 (163 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (137 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!