Mulan based. Yummy side, let's use chopsticks!
- 2 cups medium-grained white rice (Calrose)
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Measure the rice and place it in a fine-holed colander or strainer. Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear.
Drain well, and transfer to a heavy saucepan. Add 2 1/2 cups fresh cold water. Cover and soak for 30 minutes before turning on heat.
Bring rice to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until water is absorbed and rice is just tender, about 15 minutes.
While rice cooks, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolved. Allow to cool.
Remove the rice from heat and let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with vinegar mixture and sesame seeds while still warm.
Cover rice with a clean, damp towl and cool completely at room temperature. The rice should be used within several hours to maintain moisture and tenderness.
Salt/Pepper to taste
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (113 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.6/5 (142 Votes)
- Sopa 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Apple Falooda 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Lo mien 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Roasted Veggie Stir Fry w/ Sesame... 4/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!