Shredded Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas
A healthier alternative to the typical enchilada.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream (Healthy alternative: Low-fat sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 packages Fiesta sides Spanish rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can of green chile enchilada sauce
- Mexican blend cheese (Healthy alternative: Low-fat cheese)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix chicken, sour cream, garlic lime juice, couple drops of tapatio, dashes of paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and Italian seasonings together. Set aside.
Cook rice according to directions on package.
Cover your 13 X 9 pan with foil.
Pour half of the rice into the bottom of the pan and spread out evenly.
Place a small amount of rice and chicken mixture into tortillas, repeat until you have six.
Pour can of green chile enchilada sauce over the top.
Cover with cheese to your liking.
Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes.
Take off foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 4/5 (381 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (103 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.5/5 (149 Votes)
- The southwestern tamale casserole... 4.3/5 (79 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.1/5 (90 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Angel hair pasta with shrimp,... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Here's how to make a quick and healthy sandwich wrap!