Shredded Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas
A healthier alternative to the typical enchilada.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream (Healthy alternative: Low-fat sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 packages Fiesta sides Spanish rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can of green chile enchilada sauce
- Mexican blend cheese (Healthy alternative: Low-fat cheese)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix chicken, sour cream, garlic lime juice, couple drops of tapatio, dashes of paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and Italian seasonings together. Set aside.
Cook rice according to directions on package.
Cover your 13 X 9 pan with foil.
Pour half of the rice into the bottom of the pan and spread out evenly.
Place a small amount of rice and chicken mixture into tortillas, repeat until you have six.
Pour can of green chile enchilada sauce over the top.
Cover with cheese to your liking.
Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes.
Take off foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (411 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 4/5 (254 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and rice... 4.6/5 (203 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.5/5 (161 Votes)
- The southwestern tamale casserole... 4.3/5 (81 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.1/5 (95 Votes)
- Mango Chutney (Mango Relish, Aam... 4.8/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!