Sweet Chilli Chicken
A simple and satisfying chicken stirfry
- 500 g skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 Cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 4 Cloves garlic
- finely diced
- 1 red chilli
- deseeded and finely diced
- 1 carrot
- diced or sliced
- Enough cooked brown or white rice for four to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Make the sauce by combining sweet chilli, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. You can also add a bit of grated ginger if you like (just not really my thing so I didn't use any). Stir in the chicken and marinate for about 15 minutes.
Heat a small bit of oil in a fry pan or wok. Add the chicken (trying to leave behind as much of the sauce as possible) and fry until cooked (about 4 or so minutes), add the vegetables and fry a couple more minutes.
Add the remaining sauce and continue to fry until hot. Serve over rice (or noodles if you prefer)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!