Vegetable Fries with Pumpkin Dip
- 1 large baking potato
- 2 parsnips
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 8 ounces celeriac
- 1 large uncooked beet
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces pumpkin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3-5 scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 large tomatoes skinned seeded and diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cut all veggies into julienne strips. Pour oil onto large baking tray and heat at 400F until hot. Scatter veggies over tray, making sure they are all covered in oil. Cook for 20m or until lightly browned and soft on inside. Keep checking and shaking tray while they cook.
Dry-fry seeds in frying pan over moderate heat for 5-10m. Shake the pan and turn them as they pop and turn golden brown. Remove from heat and cool. Grind seeds coarsely in food processor. Add garlic, scallions, cumin, tomatoes, lime juice, tomato paste blend until smooth.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1433 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (413 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (115 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (119 Votes)
- Side- Tartar sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seafood chutney 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!