Kitchen HACK: How To Bake Cupcakes Without a Cupcake Tray
Not all of us have the space for yet another tray in our kitchen...but what do you do when the cupcake cravings strike?
For some of us, a cupcake tray is an absolute necessity, but not all of us have the space to spare in our cabinets for another bulky pan, especially if we don't make cupcakes very often. The mood can strike at any moment though, so it's best to be ready!
This hack will let you bake to your heart's content using just a regular baking tray.
All you need to keep your cupcakes in line are some mason jar lids.
Take the flat circular piece of the lid out so that you're left just with the rings. Then line them up spaced out on your flat baking tray. Poke the cupcake liners into the space and the rings will keep them in a perfect cupcake shape!
Who knew it could be so easy?
Bonus tip: If you happen to find yourself without jar lids too, it's also possible to go completely freestyle and just arrange the cupcake liners by themselves on the tray. This works best with aluminum liners, but you can also try doubling up the paper liners and they should hold pretty well too. Easy!
Ready for more life-saving kitchen hacks? Check out our all-time epic master list!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!