Recipe: (makes one 30cm pizza)
- 3 Cups Mashed Butternut Squash (1 large squash)
- 1 Cup Almond Flour (if you want a nut free pizza, try using fine corn meal)
- 3/4 Cup Garbanzo Flour
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 Tbsp. Ground flax
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Green Pizza Sauce (recipe below)
- A handful of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- A couple of handfuls arugula, herbs, or baby beet greens
- * Or pizza sauce and toppings of choice
- Green Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Cup packed basil
- 1 Cup packed spinach
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 Tbsp. Olive oil
- In a food processor puree the cashews, basil, and spinach until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and oil, mix to combine.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Lay cut side down in a roasting pan and fill halfway with water. Cook at 400 F for 40 mins-1 hour (adding more water as needed to top up), or until a fork can easily pierce the flesh of the squash. Let cool, then scoop out the flesh.
In a small bowl combine 2 Tbsp of ground flax with 4 Tbsp water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
In a larger bowl combine 3 cups of squash with the soaked flax meal, almond flour, garbanzo flour, salt, pepper, dried oregano, and extra ground flax. Stir to combine.
Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined tray and create a 30 cm (12 inch) circle, making sure that the edges are a little bit thicker. Bake at 425 F for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden and the centre is set. Top with pizza sauce, tomatoes, and olives, and bake for another 10 minutes. Let sit a few minutes before garnishing with greens.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt 4.2/5 (138 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!