Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
Oatmeal cookie mix and pie filling make it easy to get a delicious apple pie-like bar.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Average budget
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Place cookie mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and coarse. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumbs in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust. In medium bowl, mix pie filling and cinnamon. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top. Sprinkle with walnuts.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes. Refrigerate to chill, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Bars 3/5 (18 Votes)