Caramel Apple Bars
An easy treat to showcase a favorite flavor combination.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 bag soft caramels, unwrapped, or 1 bag baking caramel bits
- 1 cup walnuts or peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apples (about 1/4" cubed)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla baking chips (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In microwavable dish, combine caramels and 1/3 cup of milk. Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir. Microwave another minute. Stir. Mixture should be smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Grease and flour 9 x 13 pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and walnuts. Stir by hand until dough holds together. Press ½ of dough into prepared pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until dough begins to look dry and puffy.
Meanwhile, toss apples with flour, brown sugar, and lemon juice. When bottom crust is done, sprinkle apples evenly over baked crust; sprinkle vanilla baking chips (if using) over apples. Spread caramel mixture over apples and baking chips. Using hands, crumble remaining dough over caramel mixture. Return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown around edges and beginning to brown on top. Cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate 30 minutes and cut. Refrigerating another 30 minutes before eating is recommended. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Gluten Free Pancakes 3/5 (38 Votes)
- Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter... 3.3/5 (172 Votes)
- Salty mati 3.4/5 (33 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING - Microwave... 3/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Waffles With Creamy White Sauce 3/5 (10 Votes)
- Green Apple Ginger Polenta 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Bars 3/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.