Apple and Cranberries Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 (3/4 inch thick) pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tart apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- 12 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven 350
Cut a pocket into the pork chops, starting from the fatty side and going nearly all the way through but leaving the sides intact.
Salt and pepper each side of the pork chops and cook them in a pan with olive oil until light brown on each side and set aside.
Melt the butter in a pan, then add the brown sugar, cinnamon,and nutmeg.
Then add the diced apples and cranberries to the pan with the butter mixture and cook until the apples and cranberries are tender.
Stuff the pork chops with the apple filling, transfer to an ungreased baking dish. Bake uncovered, at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
Garnish with the rest of apply filling on top of pork chops and serve.
You'll also love
- Chillie 3.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Loaded Hash Brown Casserole 3/5 (4 Votes)
- fried pork chops 3.1/5 (300 Votes)
- Snickers Apples 3.3/5 (75 Votes)
- Pork Loin Rib End Roast 3.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Evil to the Core/Poison Apple 3.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Couscous 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Oven pork chops with stuffing 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.